Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend and a Witch Doctor

Let's get to the important part of this post first--pictures from the weekend. I'm sure all 3 of you readers out there in cyberspace tune in to be dazzled by my keen wit and intellect, but since this blog serves as Fancy's "baby book" (am I the only one who really hasn't made a baby book for my child? Well, let's be honest--she's over 1 so I'm not really thinking the whole book thing is going to happen) I will have to stick some pictures in here. And for the record, I really wish I knew the "proper" way to take a picture. These new cameras are so dang difficult. But alas, I do the best I can. So here we go...

On Saturday, we went to Jackson to see Brett's new baby boy, John Braydon. Matt calls Brett Jerry, and Jerry calls Matt, Bruce. Makes perfect sense, right? Anyways, that's why that burp rag has Lil' Jerry embroidered on it. The only reason I'm posting that pic is so you can ooh and ahhh at my creation. I'm pretty proud that I made that sucker, but I would have embroidered his initials on it had it been my choice. Obviously, Matt picked the phrasing. Behold the cuteness...

His armpit isn't glowing, dat baby's gots da jaundice so he's on a bili light.

Seriously, isn't he the cutest?


Welcome to the world Lil' Jerry! And I apologize now for Uncle Matt always referring to you as such.

When we got home on Saturday I thought it would be nice to take some pics of Emma out front with our out of control rose bushes. Of course my little sweetheart (who appears to be full of piss and vinegar) didn't really cooperate. See for yourself.

"Look at the camera AND smile? You must be trippin' yo!"

"Seriously, I do not consent to these pictures."

"We've had our fun, let's go inside and eat cookies"

"If my leg didn't weigh so much, I'd so kick you in the face with it!"

"It's so funny to me that you actually think I'm going to smile at some point"

(Don't mind the bare spot there, we've had a tragic death of a couple of our rose bushes.)


"You're still trying?"

"Hope springs eternal with you morons!"

"If I take off my shoe and throw it at you will you concede that I have won the battle of the wills?"

"Why, oh why, do I put up with this abuse?"



"You've left me with no other options...."

"I shall have to give you the stank eye"
 And that would be where our photo shoot concluded. Can't you tell she was in a wonderful mood after 3 hours in a car and being told over and over again that "no, you cannot play with the new baby's toys?"



On to the witch doctor. As a couple of you know (which I guess would mean 66% of my readers know this), Fancy has been battling ear infections since about the time she started daycare. She's had chronic ear infections since November, and I like to blame the dirty, unwashed ankle biters she goes to daycare with. Anyways, it's gotten to the point that her doc wants to send her to an ENT where I'm sure he will tell her that she needs tubes. Now, I'm not anti-tubes, I just am really not too keen on putting them in Emma's ears. One, I'm not crazy about the idea of her getting general anesthesia and I think they put tubes in way too many kids ears these days. From what I hear it takes about 3.2 seconds to do the procedure and they run them in like cattle. So before I do that I want to exhaust all my options. Which led me to take Fancy to the chiropractor today. I know, I know, it sounds crazy even to me! But, as crazy as it sounds, he was able to tell me that she has been extremely constipated just by feeling her lumbar system. Whhaaaaaaaa? Exactly. I feel ri-tarded even saying it, but she has been pooping like a rabbit for quite awhile now. (Can I get an AMEN for TMI?!) Anyhoos, we are going to give this a try and see if her ears improve at all. If not, we can always go to the ENT and we won't be out anything.

Hope y'all have a great week....now if you'll excuse me, I need to go hang the dream catcher above Emma's crib. :-)

No comments: